July 21, 2023-Preparing for BMCR

July 21, 2023
Thought I would update. 
I’ve had an e-bike and have not been able to use it until now. My goal is to ride on September 10th for Big Move Cancer Ride (BMCR)to raise money for cancer research. 
I started last week and did fine just going around the block. Then my goal was to ride to go see my mom who loves 1.8 Km. You would think that would be easy seeing that I was riding an e-bike. It took me 3 days to recover from that. I realized it wasn’t lack of muscle tone because my muscles didn’t hurt. It was my brain getting used to motion. I kept turning my head back and forth rather than use my mirror to avoid vehicles. 
Today, I used my mirror and so far I feel fine. Very interesting.  Now I have to work up to 12 km for the ride for cancer. 
I will be posting to raise money soon. Something I have never done. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 28-29, 2023 - Pain Control

January 22, 2024- Blog message