Day 2 - Lung radiation - Jan 17, 2023

Day 2- Lung Radiation 
I didn’t get up sick all night.  Just got up to take my meds since I had a bad headache. I didn’t get a lot of sleep however I was just happy I didn’t bring up 

5:30am- When I transferred all my stuff to the couch, that is when I brought up phlegm. 
Started the process of taking my, antacid, steroids, pain killer and nausea pills. 

I like moving in the sunroom because I can listen to soft music and take my mind off the pain and ice my head. I try not to wake Steve. He needs his sleep. It is very difficult for a caregiver and spouse. 

8:00am- Had a little sleep and then brought up phlegm. Managed to drink some Boost. 
Later I managed to eat cereal and held it in. 

Slept most of the day. These pills make you so tired. 
Had an appt with the lung  oncologist’s nurse, Julie, to ensure all is well before radiation. 
3:15. Had radiation and then met up with Julie again. She told me I have an appt with a medical oncologist, Dr Waserman,  on January 25 and an head MRI March 
17, 2023. 
Steve was so happy since I was able to eat a salad and lasagna along with a small scone. Hope this helps me gain weight. I was only 98 lbs this morning. 
7:30- Took my pain killer. 
9:30- Off to bed I go. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 28-29, 2023 - Pain Control

January 22, 2024- Blog message