Bone Scan Results - Dec 28, 2022

December 28, 2022

Received my bone scan results this morning.
Findings were: Extensive multi focal skeletal metastatic disease is seen involving the skull,spine,bilateral rib, pelvis and the bilateral proximal femora.  These metastatic demonstrate moderate to intense uptake. Extensive multi focal skeletal metastatic disease involving the axial and proximal appendicular skeleton. 

At 9am- Steve called the cancer center to see if we can see the oncologist sooner than later. The holdup is they are still waiting for another further report from my biopsy. It takes sometimes 2 weeks to get.  Hopefully, this will happen soon. 

In the meantime, my strength is weakening, and I am still losing weight. Steve’s theory is I am constantly sick because I am always swallowing this heavy mucus which is constantly being produce. Last night we decided that I should spit it in a Kleenex and not swallow. It is always a challenge to do so but I did all afternoon and all night. Guess what?  It worked. I wasn’t nauseous this morning and ate a good breakfast with appetite. I had a smoothie, banana and toast with jam. Yay!  Hopefully, that will take care of that solution. Now we need to get a lot more Kleenex. 

Tonight, I am going to try sleeping with my head propped up and see if my headaches go away. I wasn’t taking Ibuprofen because of the constipation caused by it and from taking Zofran. (For nausea)
Steve went to the pharmacist to get laxatives and electrolytes. I was taking Metamucil and prune juice, but things weren’t flowing very well. He told me to drink a LOT of water. That is difficult for me, but I will push myself. Now I will take Ibuprofen when needed.  

The sun is out, and it is warming up.  

I ate whole food today. Yay!  

7:15pm - Got my head MRI with contrast at the St. Catherines Hospital. 

Will be seeing a radiologist December 30, 2022, at 11 am. Hopefully, he will be able to do something to relief my headaches. 


Comments

  1. Do you already take a magnesium supplement, Lise? It helps with constipation and supposedly headaches. I take a citrate and malate blend, some people tolerate the glycerite better. Just a thought! Love and hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

December 28-29, 2023 - Pain Control

January 22, 2024- Blog message