December 8, 2023- Results from Oncologist

December 8, 2023
10:15-Went to see my Brain oncologist, Dr Nguyen. The results of my brain MRI on November 28 was positive news.  No new change in my brain. 
11:00am- Received my results for my bone scan, liver ultrasound and Ct scan of my bones which was done mid November. 
My liver and other organs are fine.  The reason which  I am having pain in my back, my right hip, my right ribs were because the cancer is spreading in my bones and for some reason the Tagrisso pill isn’t working on the bones. 
The doctor is puzzled and said I have 2 choices of attack since the cancer is spreading. First after more test, to radiate the spots which cause the pain. It wouldn’t stop the cancer but it would take the pain away. Next would be to have chemo. I wouldn’t lose my hair with that particular treatment but the doctor said we will discuss the treatment in future visits. I will see him in January after all new test are done. 
Naturally, Steve and I were shocked to hear that news but will just take it one day at a time and “Go With The Flow “. 
Please send your prayers. 🙏

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 28-29, 2023 - Pain Control

January 22, 2024- Blog message