December 27, 2023- Recovery

December 27, 2023
Slept on and off all night. I was quite surprisedly comfortable   
5:00am- Received  2 Tylenol. I guess it is something they give when you are post up. 

5:15am- I requested jello since I haven’t eaten in over 24 hrs. 

So far no nausea. 
7:30 am- Just had the breakfast of champion. 





Steve told me that he spoke to the doctor after surgery and said everything went well. I may have to get a blood transfusion since I lost blood. They will know later today. He said my bone was hard and had a hard time drilling through it. 
 9:12am- Suzanne the nutritionist came to discuss what I will be eating. 
I was measured for a wheelchair. 

11:00am - A physio therapist and orthopaedic doctor came to see me after lunch. The physio therapist was impressed that I walk down the hall. He used the wheelchair to bring me back. He showed me how to get on the toilet with minimum pain. 
11:30- Had lunch which consisted of egg salad sandwich, chicken noodle soup and cheesecake. 
Later my sister walked me to the bathroom where I hand washed. 
2:30pm- A female oncologist came to check and see how I was doing. Don’t remember seeing her before. 
3:00pm- The nurse watched me go to the bathroom by myself and left. I managed to get back in bed by myself. Good thing my sister showed me a few tricks on how to get in bed. Not an easy task right now. 

Received a shot in the belly for my blood thinner and had 2 Tylenol earlier. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 28-29, 2023 - Pain Control

January 22, 2024- Blog message