Dec 22, 2022 Woke up this morning nauseous. Today was a day we were anxiously waiting for. We finally find out the results, or at least most of them, of all the test I’ve had. 8:30am- Met with Dr Jany, an internist at St Catharines Hospital. Surprisingly, we were told I had stage 4 lung cancer which spread to my bones. This was so unexpected and that is why we called this stage “ Holy Crap ’. Steve went to see our family doctor, Dr Aliu, to pick up nausea pills for me and Metamucil for constipation. Steve explained that the doctor was so upset and couldn’t believe the results since I always ate (at least most of the time) healthy, exercised, never smoked and tried to follow a stress free life. Who knows however Steve and I are moving forward with a positive outlook. The hardest part is letting my daughters know. They are strong women and we love them dearly. I hope to feel well enough to see them along with grand children and son-in-laws. ...
February 5, 2023 2:23am- I was awake so I decided to get up and take my Sulfrate Auspension Plus for ulcers since you need to take it on a totally empty stomach. 4:30am- threw up Went back to bed after. Looking forward to seeing the full moon and hopefully hear the owls howling early morning. I heard 2 last night. Did not hear the owls. But saw the full moon. It’s cloudy so it wasn’t too clear. 6am: Threw up again. Natalie came up and was able to help. Took nausea medication. Took antacid. 6:20am- Managed to drink 1/2 a boost followed by taking my 2 steroid pills. 8am - My neighbor Kristen came over and hooked me up to IV for hydration. Another 5 hours. Nicky made bread and more rice pudding to freeze so I have some when she leaves. Nat left this morning to head back to PA since its Coopers 6th birthday tomorrow. It was so nice to have her here. We will miss her! The only thing I feel like eating is a smoothie bec...
February 3, 202 Last day of radiation. 4:45am- Natalie must of heard me wake up and unfortunately witness me bring up. As we sat in the sunroom, having our moment, the moon was shining in very bright. Hope that is a good sign to come. 5:30am- Took my antacid pill followed by my steroids at 6:00am. 7:30am- Had my last radiation and I rang the “Radiation Celebration Bell”! 11:15am- started a calcium IV for 15 min and then 2 hrs IV fluids at the hospital. They wanted to admit me for the weekend but they will be setting me up for home care to receive IV fluids at home for 5 days starting tomorrow. 2:15pm- Came home a new woman. I felt more awake and alert than I have in weeks. 5pm- Ate a small amount of cottage cheese 6pm- Ate a little pizza and ice cream
Comments
Post a Comment