Feb 14-19, 2023- Gearing down in some meds

February 14, 2023

Happy Valentines Day everyone. Steve and I always feel Valentine’s is everyday. 
 Today is a great day since I will be only taking 1 pill of  steroid and blood thinner twice a day! I will be glad to be off the steroids. 

2:30am- Took my ulcer meds and decided to lay on the couch since I was wide awake. I listen to a podcast and eventually fell asleep a bit. 

4:00am- Had a bowl of cereal and then laid down a bit. 
Amazing how wide awake I get and how hungry I am. 
5:30am-Took my antacid along with ONE steroid pill instead of two now. 

9:00am- Took my blood thinner 
11:00am-Did some muscle buildup exercise which Natalie told me to do. It wasn’t easy. Could hardly lift my legs. So I stopped since it was so draining. Natalie said to go really slow. 

12:00pm-  Took my targeted pill and then Steve made me a sandwich with bean salad. So good. 
Rested in the sunroom all afternoon and soaked up the sun while listening to music. 
6:00pm- Had a great dinner. 
9:00pm- Took my blood pressure pill
Afterwards I had bowl of cereal. 

Bedtime at 10pm. 

February 15, 2023
Woke up at 2:30am to take my ulcer meds. 
I laid down on the couch and had a little sleep. 

4:00am- Had a small bowl of cereal. 
5:15am-Took my antacid followed by 1 steroid pill. 
7:00am- Took a shower. Takes forever but I manage. Where am I going anyways?
9:00am- Took my blood thinners. 
Nurse practitioner called to follow up and go thru my meds. My weight 95 today. She was quite please lad with my progress.  
11:00am- Took one steroid pill.
12:00pm- Took my targeted pill.

I can’t believe I ate the whole thing!  Steve makes the best sandwiches served with bean salad.
He is determined to fatten me up. 😆

3:33pm

Steve set up a chair outside for me to catch some  rays. It felt so good since it was 57F. 

Can’t beat this winter. 
I do what I can when I have energy. 




9:00pm- Took my blood thinner after having a bowl of cereal. 
Bedtime is 10:00pm. 

February 16, 2023
1:30am-  Woke up starving so I had a bowl of cereal. Amazing how the steroids increase your appetite. It is giving me strength. 
4:00am- Took my antacids meds followed by one steroids. 
My body energy level is low today. So it will be a sleepy day. 
12:00pm- Took my targeted pill
1:00- Took one steroid. Had turkey noodle soup for lunch and an almond joy chocolate bar. 😆
8:00pm- My daughter Natalie, flew with her 2 boys to Florida to go see her sister Nicole. So excited for them. 

All my grand children are reunited. Makes me feel so good. 




9:00pm- Took my blood thinners followed by a bowl of cereal. 
Bedtime 10:30pm 

February 17, 2023
3:00am-  Woke up hungry and had a bowl of cereal. I feel like I had a good night sleep. 
4:30am- Took my antacid pill along with one steroid crackers and peanut butter. 
Layed down until 7:30am and then took a shower. .
9:30am- Steve cleaned the house while I stayed in the sunroom. 
11:11am- Tea time and cookies with Steve. 
12:00pm- Took my targeted pill. 
12:45pm- Took my steroid then Steve heated pasta for me. 
 1:00pm- Not sure why but, I slept all afternoon on the couch until I moved to my bed at 10:00pm. 
5:00pm- Had dinner. 
6:00pm- Took my blood thinners. 
When I feel strong, I go up and down stairs to strengthen my legs. Amazing how that is a lot of work. One day at a time. 
Bedtime 10pm. 

February 18, 2023

2:00am-  Woke up having a bowl of cereal. 
It always seems like this is the of morning which I have more energy. Laid back down on the coach. 

4:00am- Took my antacid followed by Boost and one steroid. 
5:00am- Because I had the energy, I decided to make a tuna salad while sitting on the bench by the island. I managed to finish it and then had to relax.  

9:00am-Took my blood thinner

11:00am- Had a glass of milk along with a cookie.  Steve went for a walk which pleases me. 

12:00pm- Took my targeted pill. 
 
5:00pm-  I was late taking my steroid pill. 😏
9:00pm- Took my blood thinner.

Today was a good day. I didn’t sleep a lot today so hoping that I am able to sleep in a lot longer. 

Bedtime is a 10:00pm. 


February 19, 2023
Woke up at 1:30am full of energy, and I thought I would have crackers and peanut butter and that would relax me to go back to bed. That didn’t work so I decided to get up at 2:30am, and use up that energy. That is when I feel the best. It will be interesting to see how I feel when I get off the steroids. 
3:00am-  I made butter milk pancake batter for breakfast for Steve to cook when he gets up. 
Afterwards, I have a piece of art which I started a couple of years ago, that I want to finish. . It is difficult because my hands are so shaky. So who knows, I will slowly work on it. 

3:44am- Laid on the couch, since the energy is dropping so I know to pace myself. The nice thing is laying in the sunroom, is great because I can close the door and listen to music without it waking up Steve. 

5:00am- Took my antacid pill followed by steroid and Boost 
 I fed my bread starter in preparation to make sour dough bread tomorrow. I feel like a sloth. Moving slowly. 😂

9:00am- Took my blood thinner 

12:00pm- Took my targeted pill. 
Had a bowl of Dutch Meatball soup and then 1:00pm I had my steroid pill. 

2:00- Just woke up to a nice sleep in the sunroom. It felt so good. 

4:00pm- Did a few light weight(2 pounds) exercises to strengthen my arms and leg muscles. My daughter, Natalie, who is an athletic trainer, sent me a video to show me what exactly to do. She eventually wants me to build up 10 reps x 3. I am no way near that. I am lucky to do one but she strictly told me not to hurry. It will take time. She also wants me to go up and down stairs. 
Dinner at 5:30pm
9:00pm- Took my blood thinner med.

All in all, today was a good day.!  I felt stronger. 

Bedtime 10:35 

Comments

  1. Happy Valentines Day my Lovely friend and Steve....God Bless you...and you are still beautiful even without a full head of hair,,,Love ya XXXX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

December 28-29, 2023 - Pain Control

January 22, 2024- Blog message