Radiation begins- Jan 9, 2022

January 9, 2023
5:45am- Woke up and had to talk to the toilet this morning. Took a Zofran for the nauseas and it eventually settled. 
6:00am- Took a pain killer and went to relax on the couch in the sunroom. 
7:00am-  Once I got up, had to run back to the toilet. I now weigh 101.5 pds. 

7:30am-  It was nice to see the moon this morning. The moon always make me feel good. 
Ate 1/2 banana & Wheaties. Hopefully, they stay down. 
I just hope my radiation treatments help me from being so sick and stop the headaches. 

12:40pm- Had my first radiation treatment. It was 40 minutes long. It was uncomfortable because of the tight mask they place over my head. It was so tight that I couldn’t even cough. They removed it 3 times for me to cough in between treatments. 
Afterwards, we met with Dr Nguyen who prescribed me steroids Dexamethasone and stomach meds Pantoprazole  since the steroids are hard on the stomach. I sure don’t want a stomach ulcer. 
Apparently, the steroids will make me feel better and prevent any brain swelling. 
Now I have added more prescription to my wheel of meds. 
Poor Steve had to hear me bring up in a bag which the hospital gave me all the way home. 
I will be starting the steroids tomorrow morning. 
I could  not text anyone soon because of the headache .  
Here is my radiation schedule for the next 2 weeks. 


The Linear Accelerator (LINAC) is the device used for external beam radiation  which will be what they use to treat my cancer.  It delivers high-energy x-rays or electron to the region which they need to treat.  


Steve tried to feed me but I just wanted to sleep. 
Will keep you updated when I can. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 28-29, 2023 - Pain Control

January 22, 2024- Blog message