Day I- Lung Radiation- Jan 16, 2023

January 16, 2023 
I was up every 3 hours last night bringing up. I 
will have to explain to the doctor that  I can’t seem to hold my food down. It sure gets tiring. 

5:30am- Started the process of slowly taking my antacid, steroids, pain killer and nausea pills. 

6:30am- Brought up a bit but felt better. 

8:30am- Steve made me scramble eggs because it seems one thing I can retain. I only ate 1/2 but it is better than nothing. 

9:00am- Managed to take a shower.  
10.20am- Had my first lung radiation. They zeroed in on my. Trachea today and it was a lot more comfortable and only lasted 15 minutes. It shouldn’t cause headaches or nausea. It may cause me to cough more and I might have a sore throat. We will see.
Met with Dr Nguyen. He is so caring and supportive. He prescribed Prochlorazine nausea pills. Because I will be seeing a doctor for the. next 10 days, they will monitor my dehydration situation and if necessary, they will give me IV fluids. 
Anyways can’t wait to try the new nausea pills. It is one which they use for chemo therapy. Guess it works differently. 
The nurse said to always be honest on how  I feel.
When we got back, I managed to eat  noodle soup and it stayed down.
 5:30pm - Took the new nausea pill, Prochlorazine. 1 every 4 hours.  
I did not bring up all day and managed to eat Shepard’s pie. Steve was thrilled. I felt stronger with just a small headache. 
Took my pain killer pills at 8:00  and  a nausea pill before going to bed at  9:30 pm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 28-29, 2023 - Pain Control

January 22, 2024- Blog message