Day 8- Lung radiation January 25, 2023

January 25, 2023
Weigh 98.5
I managed to get 4 Hrs sleep.
5:00am- Woke up headachy and nauseated. I just brought up phlegm, then I felt better. 
Took a pain killer after I moved to the sunroom at 5:30am, 10:30pm
7:00am- Took antacids
7:15am- Tried drinking Boost, I took steroid 
Took nauseated pills and steroids all day 

I have a sharp pain running down my left leg and icing it to relieve pain. 

Things have changed. I have to see brain oncologist first at 1:30 pm then treatment, then medical oncologist. Feeling crappy today. Lots of nausea.  Bad news is they found the cancer spread to the fluids of my brain and therefore I have to get a full brain radiation starting next week. The good news is they made a smaller mask this time and it only will be for 10-15 min treatments of 5 in the row. This may be why I am so sick. 
I went for another CT scan in preparation for Monday the 30th. 

I finally met Dr Wassleman, the medical doctor. He made us feel really hopeful. I qualify for the immunotherapy which means they will preparing me for taking a chemo pill to attack specific area. I will give more details when I feel better.

New update since talking to Dr Wasselman
He told us I am a good candidate for the immunotherapy since they think the cancer was in my  brain fluid now. And said they thought it was in the tissue between the skull and brain (which is better) And that the medication should help that. 

Really nauseas and long day at the hospital.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 28-29, 2023 - Pain Control

January 22, 2024- Blog message