Rest from radiation - Jan 14-15, 2023

January 14, 2023
6:00am- Not a good night. From the time I got off the couch last night until now, I was up all night throwing up and had such a severe headache. I kept icing it in between the times of taking my pain killers. 
6:15am- Took my antacid pill but within 15 min, back to the toilet. I had to take my steroids and wasn’t sure what to do. 
7:00am- I drank Boost to fill my stomach before taking it. Hope it stays in for 1/2hr.  I managed to sleep for 1.5 hours afterwards. 
Let’s hope the day is better. 
6:00-  I was on the couch all day. I did manage to eat a baked potatoe and part of an orange. 
8:30pm- Took my pain killer. 
9:00 pm- Off to bed I go.  Headaches are on and off. The pain killers help. 

January 16, 2023
I managed to get some sleep and only got up twice to bring up. So much phlegm buildup. I try to ice my head for the headaches on top of taking pain killer. 
The morning is difficult to take my pills. When I get up I have to take an antacid and then wait a bit and try to eat something before taking steroids. (That is difficult) Then I have to take 2 nauseas pills followed by my pain killer. It is balancing it all out without destroying my stomach. 
Hopefully, I feel better when I go for my lung radiation tomorrow.  

5.00pm- It wasn’t a great day. I couldn’t hold anything in until dinner. I managed to eat French fries. Funny last night was baked potatoes. 
Tomorrow I am going to speak to doctor about changes since I have had my last treatment.
 9:00pm- Off to bed I go.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 28-29, 2023 - Pain Control

January 22, 2024- Blog message