January 22, 2024- Blog message

Some of you may be surprised to hear this message. This is not the easiest blog to write. I haven’t blogged publicly lately because I wanted to be surrounded by my family. I updated my blog today. 
On January 18, 2024, I was told my lung cancer is spreading and there is nothing they can now due except to keep me comfortable. 
My family needed time to digest the news. They have been helping me get through this whole process. Lung cancer or any cancer is a nasty disease. 
I have had so many friends and people reach out to support me through prayers and loving thoughts not even knowing what is happening. I just can’t believe the impact I have had on others. 
The good news is  knowing I had no regrets and I have lived life to the fullest. My daughter asked if there was something I wanted to do before I transition and I had nothing to say. I am at peace and ready to receive the Lord. 
I am going in McNally house in Grimsby where comfort will be given. It will be one place we will donate money along with the cancer centre.  For all those who came into my life one way or another, I will be sending you much love. 
Thank you for everything. 

Here is poem I wrote the last time we were sailing back from the Bahamas. 

By Lise Denison

I wish I could write what my mind says, since it never stops. 

Finding ways to put it at rest, 

Sailing the seas helps me best. 

Why are we here for such a short time?

One thing we know for sure. 

We are born alone and we will die alone 

Changes are a constant and we can’t control it. 

The mystery of life goes on. 

The balance of living and supporting others. 

Is it my own thoughts that give me guilt?

Or do what others expect from me? 

To live for the moment is most challenging. 

To be kind and thoughtful is easy. 

When the moment presents itself

we should be there when one leans on us, no matter who they are. 

We are born into a family 

Does that mean we are tied for eternity?

We do what is best, we do what one must 

I must do what I think is right. 

Fight the demons in my head. 

Stay positive, strong and healthy

For in the end, faith is what we need and to know things will workout

God is someone who is always with me. 

Through the stars, the moon, the sun and the sea 

He touches my soul and guides me towards love and  light. 

If I follow that path, I will be fine. 


Written by me while sailing winter 2021 


Jan 14, 2023 by Lise 

My body has been invaded for some reason unknown. 

It surprised me. I cannot deny

Everyone is telling me I am courageous and always has been known 

That is in my deepest soul and I must not cry

I trust Life and know my faith is carrying me along with all those who show their love and support. 

We are born and we all die. Life is short. Live it! Live it! Live It! While you are able. This is your time to bloom 

Lise

Thank you everyone for all your support. I love you all. 


See you on the other side but don’t hurry. 🥰😆

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 28-29, 2023 - Pain Control