November 16, 2023 - Nuclear Bone Scan

November 16, 2023
9:45am- Went for my nuclear shot for the bone scan. 
“A nuclear bone scan is a type of nuclear medicine tool that uses trace amounts of radioactive substances, called radiotracers, to evaluate physical and chemical bone changes. A special camera, called a gamma camera, detects radiation emitted from the radiotracers. A computer creates 3D images from the gamma camera data.”

10:15-I can now sing the Radioactive song since I  am now radioactive. 
Got back home around 11:00am and have to return at 2:30pm for the actual scan. 

2:30pm- At the St Catharines Hospital, the technician, Sean, took me to get my
Bone scan. I laid down on the unit bed and then he asked me to close my eye because the machine comes so close to your face. He was right, I bet I could have reached to plate with my nose. The machine scanned my body for half an hour. Afterwards, the machine circles around you and scans your body in sections. First, it starts at the lower part of the body(it takes 10 minutes for each section, then Center part and then the head. 
We won’t get the results until Dec 8th.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 28-29, 2023 - Pain Control

January 22, 2024- Blog message