March 1-2, 2023- Getting off steroids

March 1, 2023
Today is the day I don’t take a steroid pill. I will take one every other day like Mar 2, 4, 6 and total off on Mar 7th. Hopefully the side effects aren’t severe. 
Time will tell. 

2:00am- Woke up and had my bowl of cereal. Went back to the sunroom couch. I can see the moon behind a haze of clouds.  
4:00am- Still hungry, I toasted English muffins with jam.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜œ

9:00am-Took my blood thinner pill. 
9:30am- Went to the Thrombosis centre at the hospital. 
Dr K. Thiyagarajah examined me. 
She said I will be on blood thinners the rest of my life because as a preventative since cancer tends to form blood clots. They want me to follow up in 3 months. 



12:00pm- Took my targeted pill. 
Steve made me a grilled cheese for lunch. I am a little weak today. 

4:15pm-Slept all afternoon and so weak with headache. Must be withdrawal of steroids. I am grinning and bearing it. 

5:30pm-Had dinner
8:30pm- Seeing that I am so weak and always tired, I figured I would just go to bed. 
Took my blood thinner   
Bed at 8:30pm. 
Let’s see what tomorrow brings. 

March 2, 2023
I can’t believe how much I slept. Woke up at 2:30am and had a bowl of cereal. Still have the headache. I really don’t want to take the steroid but I have to.
4:00am- Took the antacid med followed by steroid and boost. 
9:00am- Took my blood thinner pill. Right now my head is clearer then it was yesterday. Amazing how the steroids work.  

It was a better day for me today. Stronger then yesterday. 

12:00pm- Took my targeted pill. 
I managed to create a spreadsheet for all the events and medication since my cancer. Glad I did since it is difficult to remember it all. 

9:00pm- Took my blood thinner meds 
5:30pm- Had dinner. 

9:30pm- Bedtime.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 28-29, 2023 - Pain Control

January 22, 2024- Blog message