Day 7- Lung Radiation January 24,2023

January 25, 2023
Because I stopped takin pain killer and nausea pills I didn’t have the greatest sleep but glad I am only going to take meds wham I need to. 

3:30am- I moved to the sunroom so I didn’t keep Steve up. I was coughing a lot last night. They told me that would eventually happen when I get radiation. 

5:00am- Took an ibuprofen for a slight headache with Boost. 
6:00 am- Took antacid at 6:00am
6:30am- Took steroid. 
 
8:00am- Steve made me a wonderful breakfast of yoghurt, cherries, strawberries. Pineapple, concentrated cherry juice, granola and maple syrup. Nice to have solids. What a sweetie!  

8:30am- Notice I am starting to losing more hair were the area where  they radiated spots on the head .  They told me I would. I have a lot of hair so it shouldn’t be too noticeable. No big deal. 

3:00pm- Radiation treatment 
3:15pm- Meeting with Dr Nguyen, brain oncologist. 
We are looking forward to ask all of questions during our visit to see Dr Waserman, the medical oncologist. 

While Steve played Pickle-ball tonight (I always force him to go, I watched TV. 

Since I was not taking any pills except Ibuprofen and Tylenol, my brain.was really Alert and not in a fog. I s tattered this cough which leads me to cough up heavy phlefm. This is common when doing lung radiation.  I called Steve on his way back home and told him I had a craving for chocolate cake. I told him maybe I was pregnant. 😆. You have to laugh 
He actually picked one up at the grocery store. I really enjoyed it. 

I wasn’t tired and didn’t get to bed until 11.00pm. 
11:00- Took a pain killer because of the head and because I sleep better. 
Nighty night. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 28-29, 2023 - Pain Control

January 22, 2024- Blog message