Day 5 of Brain radiation - January 13, 2023

Day 4- Last day for brain radiation 

5:55am- Woke up with my morning ritual of bringing up phlegm which accumulates in my lungs. Hopefully, that will be it for today. 

6:15am - Took my antacid pill then ate 1/2 banana before taking steroid and nausea pill. 

I managed to eat a little for breakfast and lunch. 
2:30pm- Took a nausea pill and driving to the hospital I took a pain killer. 

3:00pm- Yay! Had my last brain and head radiation. Thank goodness I won’t be using the mask anymore. 
This is how the table is set up for when I lay on the table. Notice the mask. . The technicians are really good   




They even let me bring the mask home for a Halloween decoration. ๐Ÿ˜†
Steve couldn’t believe how hard it was. 
The tape on the mask aligned the mask to the tattoos they put on my chest. 

 


Steve sure gets a lot of reading done in the waiting room. 



We were happy that I was not sick going home. Those nausea pills are working. I just have a headache. 


This went to my heart. ๐Ÿ’œ. My daughters shared this wonderful news and was organized by Natalie’s fit community, a coach named Jillian, to set up a live bike ride. She knew the trainer, Eric, who even  wore purple for me since purple has always been my favourite color. He choreographed the music so it was inspiring.  Nicky was able to attend. Unfortunately, Natalie had to work however I know she was  there in spirit. 

Nicky said it was very emotional when everyone held up signs fro support me. 







Many people participated. 
Here are a few participants 

















6:00pm- I managed to eat a slice of pizza with rice pudding. Feels good not to be nauseas. Let’s hope it gets better when they radiate my lungs. ๐Ÿ‘

9:00pm- Had to put an ice pack on my head all evening because of a bad headache. When I got up to go to bed, we’ll part of the pizza I ate went in the toilet. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ณ. Tomorrow is another day. 
Good night!










































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 28-29, 2023 - Pain Control

January 22, 2024- Blog message